• Start with 5 – 10 minutes in the morning, do it after your shower or exercise routine, as you will feel refreshed and awake, I also like to prepare a cup of warm water with freshly squeezed lemon.
• Choose a place to sit that is quiet, makes you feel good and you can come to every day – so it feels a little bit ‘sacred’ to you.
• Sit with palms facing up (to receive), relaxed on your knees with eyes closed. Take 3 deep breaths – where your abdomen pushes out on the inhale, and relaxes on the exhale. Use these breaths to check if your body is relaxed, are there any areas of your body that you are ‘holding’ tense? Settle your ‘awareness’ behind your third eye if you can.
• In your mind, start with 2 -3 positive statements about you….”I am a radiant being of light spreading peace and love on this planet” or things like “I am amazing, beautiful, magniﬁcent, healing, awesome, etc”
• Then, create an intention for your day…e.g. “today I will share the beauty and love of my spirit with everyone I meet, my smile brings happiness, joy and healing” or “today I attract only abundance and good fortune and I am blessed beyond belief with loving, authentic and seriously fun friends!”
• Then just remain sitting very quietly, enjoy the feel of your sacred self as you breathe deeply and calmly…….ask your guides/angels/higher self “Is there anything I need to know?” Allow it to come in if it wants to, otherwise just trust that it will come in perfect timing for you later.
• Take 5 -10 minutes in the evening, shortly before going to bed is ideal, this powerful pause before sleep will help to cleanse and clear negativity from your auric fields that may have gathered during your day.
• Again, sit in your ‘sacred space’ with palms facing upwards and take 3 deep breaths, releasing any tension that you are aware of in your body.
• Reﬂect on your entire day – see all the simple, beautiful things you experienced and ‘give thanks’ with a real feeling of gratitude in your heart.
• If in your day you reacted in negative ways or feel you did not operate to the best of your ability – go back in your mind and see yourself handling the situation from the highest and best part of yourself and give thanks that this is how you will respond next time.
• Just as we set an intention for our day, it is equally important to set an intention for a beautiful night’s sleep. Ask to remember with great clarity, any guidance or messages that may be received in your dream state. Also ask to awaken feeling refreshed and motivated for the new day ahead. Always lay your head on the pillow thinking of something positive and lovely.
• Be very mindful of watching drama or horror immediately before sleep – avoid stimulants and ‘wind’ down your day with soft music, positive words and meditation before going to bed.
By introducing meditation into your daily routine, as outlined in the morning and evening routines above and setting aside regular time to experience ‘guided meditation’, you will absolutely unravel and quieten the constant chatter in your mind. With your mind at peace, you will create a sacred and serene space for your heart to whisper your deepest desires and gently illuminate a pathway for your gifts and purpose to unfold…..be blessed!
All love and grace…Tanya x
Click below to listen to my meditation called Deep Remembrance featuring the music of Sika.